THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

MARCH

Birthdays and Anniversaries for March

1st Mary and Zach

4th Samuel Bentley Gehring turns 6

10th the due date for Olive Analeigh

22nd Dad and Mom

25th James Edwin turns 27

25th Dan and Rachel

31th Cecelia Ruth turns 7

Dear Family,

Okay I’m repenting of picking up the phone and talking rather than being faithful to write a BBB article (not that the phone isn’t a wonderful blessing and way of communicating, but we need both). It seems everyone has eased off on the articles and Dad and I really miss them. It is good to have a written history of what has happened month by month in the family and I’d like to see us get back in the habit of writing.

With that said. I will begin: After having overdone it last week, I am trying to keep off my feet as much as possible this week and not “bustle”. I’ve had a little setback in my recovery and so I’m trying to be good. Dad has been really helpful around the house, and all the sisters at the temple are treating me gently and not letting me do the laundry.

It is a new month (notice the birthdays and anniversaries). I’ve also started a new project that I can do while sitting when I’m at home. I brought 4 Bibles and Triple Combinations with me (large print (which I need now to see, but is heavy to carry around), tiny print ( that you all gave me when we left for Mexico City, and I love because it is light weight) medium print (that you gave me when we left for BsAs) and Spanish which I take to church and conferences here and have used on our missions so I’ve lots of notes from general authorities in). Anyway I have different notes in all of them depending on which I pick up to use. I began today to go through them each and make sure they have the same cross references and notes. Let me share something that I had noted at one time in one of them. I was reading about Joseph who was sold into Egypt, and how he withstood one of the worst trials anyone has to endure (no I’m not referring to resisting Potifer’s wife (after all maybe she was ugly), but the trial I speak of is being RICH and ADORED!

It took him 20 years of captivity to prepare him to overcome that trial. You will recall that as a boy he wasn’t very wise. He probably even gave in to boasting as he shared his dreams with his brothers and father about how they would one day bow down to him. However, through the years as a slave and prisoner he learned humility and to serve others, so that when he became second in command of the most powerful nation on earth he did not take the credit unto himself, but gave it to God (Genesis 41:16).

Isn’t it wonderful that even the trials of our lives can become blessings to prepare us for the future, if we will remain true and faithful to the Lord. I love you, Mom and Grandma

0 comments: