From: Jimmy Bentley <jbentley@unitedfirstfinancial.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Subject: RE: should we let it die? feedback please
To: Wendy Bentley <wendywbentley@gmail.com>
Why don't we just act like a normal family and post articles when interesting or meaningful things happen in our life's. Now I realize most of us won't do that on our own so we could make it at least expected quarterly. That's my vote. To quote the great film Robin Hood, "absence makes the heart grow fonder"…………..or forgetfull?
With that I will write my own bb now because I never learned how to post an article.
Mandi and I are continuing our quest for "glory" in the spiritual sense as we spend countless hours and dollars at the fertility clinic. Who knew that I had misshapen swimmers? I always assumed I would be fertile as a jackrabbit. There have been positives to this whole experience however. Mandi and I have certainly grown closer and have quit spending money on baby sales. In a strange twist of fate we may actually make $17,000 dollars for reproducing, but that is another story. We are trying to enjoy this time of our lives and in our longing for a brood we have acquired quite the zoo. We now have 2 dogs, 2 bearded dragons, an Asian soft-shelled turtle, and all kinds of insects (although they should be considered food.)
School is back in session and life is busy again. I have Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and a 45-50 hour work week. Now I know you are all saying wait until you have kids, but I have 5 animals to take care of and Mandi can handle all that baby stuff. (It just occurred to me that some of you may not be inserting my sarcastic tone of voice throughout this article so please don't think me a jerk.) School is going well and at least my classes are very interesting in light of our current economic status. It doesn't look good people! I'm investing in food storage and self sufficiency training. Good thing I have honed my man vs. wild skills and have edible pets on hand.
We had fun having some family in town and especially having Chubs stay with us for a few nights. He's definitely more of a whiting because he's the only family member to stay at my house that hasn't clogged the toilet. Mary and Steve and maybe a few others (you know who you are) are Bentleys. I wonder if I lack the water pressure. The looks on both their faces were classic and identical as they reluctantly inquired as to the whereabouts of the plunger. Mary even left the job to me and I struggled to send the mysterious creature down the abyss.
And thus I leave you from the shadows of the everlasting hills. Ps. I feel a longing to use my cell phone on nights and weekends to speak with my siblings. I need everyone's numbers. Mom- Can we make this happen? Love you deeply,
James
From: Wendy Bentley [mailto:wendywbentley@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:51 AM
To: Charlie Crump; David Bentley; Jimmy Bentley; Karalee Dave Bentley; Kathy Crump; mandi bentley; Marisa Bentley; mary Zach Williams; Rachel Bentley; Rick Bentley; Sharon Matt Gehring; Stephen Bentley; Toney Bentley
Subject: should we let it die? feedback please
With half the month gone, and no BBB articles (including from Dad and myself – except the posting of our one birthday), I decided we need to rethink how often we want to do this. Would every other month be best? Or maybe just quarterly? With all of you entering the busiest years of your lives, maybe it isn't practical to do a monthly BBB.
December is hard because so many of you get together you don't feel there is anything new to say.
January is hard because you are recovering from Christmas.
The summer is hard because the children are home and during vacations many of us see each other.
Many, including Dad say there is nothing new or "important" to share.
So truly, what do you think and what would you like to do? Let's try to get everyone's opinions and then form a plan that everyone will commit to making work.
--
Wendy W. Bentley
--
Wendy W. Bentley
0 comments:
Post a Comment