THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

my New Years Wish For You

 

I've decided one of the reasons that Elder Packer blessed me with "courage" when he set me apart was that I need to be more "RED in my personality" when handling difficult situations.  You know me, good old "WHITE hate confrontation Wendy," but the Lord is teaching me that I have to make difficult decisions when it comes to dealing with my "unique assistants," and with our sister workers.   Hna. Garcia and Hna. Lopez continue to be a bit challenging; and we have too many sisters who aren't  coming on time, or on the days they've committed to come etc..

I recognize that this is a good learning experience, even if it isn't a comfortable one for me.  How blessed I feel for the fact that I this is the Lord's work and I am receiving His promptings (unfortunately usually at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning), of what I need to do or say, AND most wonderfully, it comes IN SPANISH (well, at least when I get up and write down the ideas I can put them into good Spainsh).

It is just another testimony to me of how the Lord continues to give us learning opportunities (even if we may think of them as "trials and tribulations" at times).  Life wasn't expected to be EASY, but how grateful I am for prayer and revelation which help us through the bumpy times.

Dad and I are very aware of the fact that each of you are facing your own challenges and trials of one kind or another.  Sometimes it may appear the "heavens are closed" to our pleadings for insight and understanding, but I testify that they aren't.  We have a loving Heavenly Father who has a unique plan for each of our lives.  Remember the beautiful lesson taught in the temple and in Moses chapter 5 (Faith + Obedience + Sacrifice = ("after many days") Understanding + Blessings.  SO, my wish for each of you as you face this new year is to Go forward with faith, obedience and continued sacrifice, the Lord's promises are sure, and eventually the light of understanding and the blessings will come.

All my love, Mother



--
Wendy W. Bentley

0 comments: