April is here and we remember our special Birthday girls. Josinette who turns two on the 14th, and Francesca who turns one on the 23rd.
We started today with our third set of counselors! For the first nine months we had those from the former presidency (Pres. y Hna. Esparza and Pres. y Hna. Treto). Then we called our own (Pres. y Hna Lopez and Pres. y Hna. Garcia). Pres. Garcia became very ill with an incurable genetic disease, and they have also really struggled financially with his having to spend so much time in the temple, so they finally asked for a release. Today we will set apart a new counselor and his wife as assistant, Pres. y Hna. Briones. He is already a sealor and everyone loves and respects both him and his dear wife. My life is going to easier with her as an assistant. With that said however, Hna. Garcia has come along way since her rocky begining, and I can truly say I have come to appreciate her.
Other than that news, wasn't conference wonderful! I can't decide which talk I liked the best as there were so many that touched me: Elder Hales on the difference between needs and wants, Pres. Monsen's about the poor woman who had to dig the graves of her own children, Elder Bednar and all those on the temple, and certainly and probably my favorite, Elder Holland's on the Savior and holy week. It has inspired me to read again The Promised Messiah by Cleon Skousen. It is a wonderful two book series I think each of you have. I recommend it to you.
There seems to be an increase in interest in attending the temple lately, and with the wonderful talks during general conference I suspect there will be another upswing.
Have a wonderful Holy Week in anticipation of Easter this Sunday. With love, Mom
P.S. Grandpa and I invite all of you who are old enough to use the computer to add a message to the BBB. We'd love to hear from you!
--
Wendy W. Bentley
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Happy April and Easter
Posted by The Bentley Family at 11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment