Our internet went down last week taking out our trusty phone and e-mail. WOW it was a sudden shock to feel I was back in BsAs and the only means of communication was snail mail or an expensive long distance call. We missed being able to visit with Francesca on her second birthday, and probably lots of other news from all of you. When we got home from the temple Friday night it was fixed, but too late to call all of you. Saturday we opened the temple at 5:45 and left from there mid-day for Poza Rica. We are returning now (Sunday evening), and hopefully the internet will still be working.
Dad was invited to talk to a priesthood session in Poza Rica, and while he was involved with them I spoke to the women. Dad talked for a half an hour, I ended up having to fill the entire two hours as there was no one else on the program for the women. After praying and doing what preparing I could (they said I could talk about anything I wanted) I had really felt I needed to just trust the Spirit. So I only took my scriptures and a few quotes. We met in the cultural hall and so I invited them to pull their chairs into a circle (there were about 60 sisters when we began), and it made possible a more relaxed, informal Visit, where I was able to get them sharing stories and experiences. We sang as Sisters In Zion, which in Spanish is "Hermanas Unidas" which gave me a wonderful theme to begin on. I told about Julia and Emily Hill, I talked about how the gospel unites sisters throughout the world and just as we continued to keep pushing our chairs back to include those who kept arriving, we need to reach out and step outside of our comfort zones to bring in others into our circle of influence. That led to how our lives can make a difference to our husbands, children, friends and the world. I spoke of my love for my sisters in the scriptures and we talked about Eve, read the wonderful stories of Rebecka, Ruth and Naomi. I shared personal stories and we had a wonderful exchange for two hours. I was truly blessed.
--
Wendy W. Bentley
0 comments:
Post a Comment