I wanted to tell you about the little tiny (about 2 inch long), lizard that has made his home inside my cone shaped planter of fake flowers by our outside door (see the picture). Every season I change the arrangement he scurries out and up the wall. Once when I had left the door open he ran right inside our house! I don't like lizards inside, so I had to call Grandpa for help to catch him and put him outside again.
Today I thought about how much fun it would be if you were here to see the woodpecker that Grandpa and I saw on our walk. He had red feathers on his head and was pecking on a dry log with his sharp beak. We also see pretty yellow larks, small brown sparrows, large loons, seagulls, sand pipers, and most prevalent of all the birds are big black birds. The males puff their feathers up and strut in front of the smaller females. The females don''t pay much attention as they are busy collecting grass and string to make their nests. Of course, we still see crocodiles every day we walk by the lagoon. What interesting animals they are with their scales and their big teeth. They move so slowly, until they see a fish and then they open their mouth and snap. No more fish!
For Family Home evening Grandpa and I went to see the movie "UP." It was delightful! We hope you will get your parents to take you as soon as it comes to the Dollar Movie.
Have a fun summer vacation all of you who have already finished school. CONGRATULATIONS ELIJAH for having made high school Jazz band!!! That is fantastic!
Much love, Grandma Bentley
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
for each of my darling grandchildren (that means everyone of you)
Posted by The Bentley Family at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment