Hi all,
Rachel is my hero for posting a bb complete with pics at the beginning of this month. I've been letting my cursed perfectionism prevent me from sending something because I'm waiting for an ideal moment to craft something spectacular. No more!! I shake off those oppressive chains!! ...and dash off at least something. I so much appreciate it when all of you guys do.
Our biggest news is that Dave's contract with the College for Creative Studies was renewed for two years. Hooray!! So we can come out and see lots of you this summer. It has been so good to see how the Lord has blessed us with this job. We were so frustrated when we were out of work last year and didn't see how things would work out, but looking back we can see why we needed to have that experience in order to be blessed with this job. Dave is able to do character design, which is what he loves, have complete creative freedom, and have hours that still allow him time with the family. Plus free time so that he can do freelance work to provide enough income to have what we need. What a gift.
Josh is getting really old on us suddenly. He is way into bakugan, starting to take up skateboarding, and has started babysitting for us for increasing stretches. His sense of humor is becoming more sophisticated. He and Dave are designing a video game together in the mornings before school (he still gets up on his own at 5 am. He's like his grandpa and doesn't need much sleep).
Maddie dearly loves all of the flowers that make it so she can't breathe. Such a shame. She valiantly tries to rescue as many worms as possible after rainstorms, wants to grow her hair to her waist (it's almost there, actually) and is a total math whiz with amazing accuracy. Go figure.
We thought that Jakey had allergies too, until he woke up one morning with his eye crusted shut. Turns out he had pinkeye in both eyes and a double ear infection. Oops. He never complained. 3rd kid syndrome I guess-- you usually only call the doctor if there's lots and lots of blood. In more positive news, yesterday he broke his fruit and veggie record by eating an entire half an apple and four baby carrots in ONE DAY. Josh told him they weren't carrots, they were just crunchy water. And by golly, it worked!
At long last, AJ is recovered enough from his surgery to hang out on the floor. He is sprouting two upper teeth and smiles and talks to the pictures of Jesus that we have hanging up. He can only go backwards and in circles but wants desperately to crawl forward. I want him to but I dread it at the same time.
Kid quotes:
"I am Jacob 'handsome' Bentley!" -Jakey
Uh oh. My brain can't pull out any more. I need to write these down.
Love you guys--
DKJMJAJB
Monday, May 3, 2010
Dave! and Kar! and Fam!
Posted by The Bentley Family at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment