I don't know about you guys, but we don't usually make our kids watch the Saturday sessions of General Conference (excepting priesthood for Elijah, of course). So, we were sad when they announced the solemn assembly and our kids missed it because we didn't even have a chance to go get them from all over the house and explain what was going on and have them participate. So...for family home evening we downloaded the video of the Saturday morning session of conference and for our lesson talked about what the solemn assembly was and how we were going to have a chance to sustain the prophet. Then we watched the video and stood at the appropriate times and sustained our new prophet and the rest of the general authorities. It was a really sweet moment watching our kids stand up and raise their right hands to the square to sustain our leaders, and I think it was good for them to see their mom and dad stand up, in our quorum or group and also sutain our leaders.
I thought I'd share because it was a short FHE lesson (only took about 10 minutes total) (we like short) but I can't think of a more powerful lesson we could have given on following the modern prophet. If you didn't have a chance to participate in the solemn assembly with your kids, I would highly recommend this as a FHE activity/lesson.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
FHE
Posted by The Bentley Family at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment